Mint Julip Cup
This silver julep cup is perfect for serving a mint julep. It holds 8 ounces and stands 4.25 ounces. Silver plated.
- Glass Type: Silver Plated Julep Cup
- Glass Size: 8 oz ounces to the rim.
- Dimensions: About 4.25 inches high
How to Make the Perfect Mint Julep
Take 4-6 fresh sprigs of mint.
1 Spring of mint to garnish each serving.
1 cup of bar sugar
2 cups water
2 1/2 oz of GOOD bourbon whiskey (per serving)
1. Pick the mint and wash is thoroughly.
2. Please the water in a sauce pan with the sugar. Apply med-high heat while constantly stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once all the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and add the mint. Allow the mint to steep in the water/sugar mixture (simple syrup) for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture to remove the mint. Allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Fill the julep cup with ice. Add the mint simple syrup to fill half the cup. Add 2-1/2 ounce of bourbon. Stir with a bar spoon.
4. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and enjoy.
What type of Mint to use in a Mint Julep?
Firstly, use fresh mint - the fresher the better. Derby time typically arrives when mint is still young in your spring garden but bountiful enough for picking. The top two type of mint to use are Kentucky Colonel's Mint and Spearmint. Both work lovely in a julep.