Authentic Ayinger Wheat Beer Glass
Enjoy a beer in this German glass that comes straight from the Bavarian beer gardens. This gold-rimmed glass has the Ayinger logo across the front and holds 16.9 ounces of beer. This is the traditional style glass used in Germany for serving wheat beer - one of the four basic food groups in Bavaria! The Ayinger brewery produces top-quality beer and renowned specifically for their weissebier or wheat beer. This is a perfect glass for anyone that enjoys German beer or needs a proper glass to serve wheat beer.
- Brewery: Ayinger.
- Country of Origin: Germany.
- Glass Type: Weizenbierglaser or Wheat Beer Glass.
- Size: .5 liter or 16 ounces.
- Dimensions: 10 inches high and 3 inches wide at the rim
About Wheat Beer:
Wheat beer is a German creation and is goes by multiple names in Germany.
- Weisebeir: The literal translation is white beer. Not to be confused with Belgian wit beer which are typically spiced ales.
- Weizenbier: The literal translation is wheat beer (oddly enough white and wheat are very similar in German)
- Hefeweissebier or Hefeweizen: Hefe translates to yeast in German. This indicates that the wheat beer has been bottle conditioned and yeast sediment may be present (resting in a thin layer at the bottom of the bottle). "Hefe" is all you need to ask for at the bar to be served this type of beer.
The wheat beer glass is used to serve this type of beer and is designed specifically to accommodate the yeast sediment found in a "hefe." The glass is tall and slender near the base. When a bottle of hefe is poured into this glass, the beer cascades and the yeast settles at the bottom of the glass. Once the contents of the beer are finished, it's up to the drinker to decide to down the yeast or leave it in the glass. In Germany, the locals always drink the yeast as it is considered healthy (it actually is, yeast is loaded with B vitamins).
Wheat beer very popular in Bavaria (Southern Germany) and enjoying a hefe while sitting in a beer garden in Munich or in a mountain hut in the Alps is an experience both unique to Germany and never to be forgotten. Rekindle this feeling with a wheat beer glass from TrueBeer!